Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Acrylic Album


I recently attended a fun workshop - it was a make and take of an acrylic album. I signed up for the workshop because it was the day that I was taking my SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) test and I figured if I didn't pass it would take my mind off things, and if I did pass it would be a fun way to celebrate!

The workshop was help at the home of a Close to my Heart demonstrator and there were about 8 other scrapbookers that attended. As usual in a small, rural community, by the end of the evening I had found some connection to each of them! Six Degrees of Separation was in full swing - who needs Kevin Bacon?

I have never worked on an acrylic album before, and this was a great way to start because when we arrived all of the paper was already cut to size and we had an example to follow. Pretty easy, huh? The hardest part was peeling the protective film off each piece of acrylic!

We had a fun night working on our albums and it was a great way to end a very stressful day. By the way, in case you are one of the few people in the world that didn't hear yet . . . I passed!
Here are a few more pictures of the album:

I think I will try my hand at a few more of these albums. If you haven't tried it yet I would encourage you to do so!

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

Cute album! What a fun project... I've seen the albums in our local scrapbook store and have been curious about them...

And CONGRATS on passing your test! Hurray!