Sunday, February 28, 2010

Baby Shower


Today I co-hosted a baby shower for this sweet little gal, Blair.  The shower was held at my house, which meant that I had to clean the house, but didn't have to make any food.  Turns out I would rather clean than cook so it worked out well for me.

I also had to decorate the table to make it look festive, and of course everything was pink from the punch to the napkins.  I had a pretty vase of flowers on the table and then I took the birth announcement we had received and scrapbooked this page.  I put the completed page on the table using a picture stand and it worked out really well.

To make the page I used one of my favorite new tools - a Fiskars edge punch, which made the cute scallops you see.  I also used one of my favorite "old" tools, my Cricut, to cut out the flower accents and the letters.  If you are thinking about getting a Cricut I would do nothing but encourage you to do so.  I know they are expensive and I saved for a while before I bought mine, but I use it so much that I know I've already gotten my money's worth and I've only had it for about a year.  I only have two cartridges, the two that came with my Cricut, and I have found that I can do everything I need with those two cartridges.  Every time I see cartridges on sale I look at all of the images and so far I haven't seen anything that I really need.  Sure, it might be nice to have additional fonts and more images choices, but the cartridges are expensive too and I don't think you need to have more than 1 or 2 basic cartridges.

The giveaway on Elise Blaha's blog (the prized is a set of my Shades of embellishments) ends tomorrow, so if you haven't entered yet use the link on the right to go check it out.  I'll continue to sponsor her blog in March (which starts tomorrow!) and I will also be a sponsor on Ali Edward's blog in March.

I have some ideas for some new mini album kits, and now that my vacation is over and the baby shower is over I'll have more time to craft.  YAY me!

2 comments:

Andrea Rooks said...

That scrapbook page is beautiful! What a great idea -- I love edge punches. I just got a new one from Stampin Up...

I'm glad that sponsoring blogs is working out well for you! I'm eager to put more effort and items into my shop someday soon :)

Hope all's well!

ella said...

Sooooooooo precious. I want one made for a friend. K??