Saturday, June 26, 2010

She finally listed a new item!

It's been a while since I've had a new item to list in my shop, but today I did!


I have some really cute typewriter die cuts that I cut out using a friend's Cricut cartridge early in May when I went on a scrapbooking weekend.  I have looked at them many times and thought, "oh, how cute" but never quite knew what to do with them.  Today inspiration struck, and I decided to adhere them to handmade library pockets.  I love the idea of combining office equipment, books and libraries; some of my favorite things.

I made the library pockets using a template, and then before I used adhesive to finish the pockets I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges.  I could have just stitched them together instead of using adhesive but I didn't want to make the inside of the pocket smaller, so the stitching is just decorative.

Inside each pocket is a library card with lines on both the front and back so there's lots of room for journaling.

When it came time to photograph the library pockets it seemed like a good idea to use books as a background.  It's been overcast all day so the lighting wasn't great for pictures, and I'm so tired of struggling with a white background that photographs grey.

We have some severe weather moving into the area so I thing I'll get off the computer and go stand outside - I love storms!!  There's so much energy in the air that I just need to be outside - but I'll be sure to get in before it gets too bad.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

I love that typewriter card so much! What a great idea!