Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Need some cards?

I have been on a card making spree and over the next several days I will show you some of the cards I have made along with information about the process I used to create the card.  If you see something you like let me know!  I don't have any of these cards listed in my Etsy shop but I can make more (in most cases) and would love to make them for you!

This is one of my favorite cards - I love the colors and the cheery sentiment.

To make this card I began by covering the front of a blank, white card with textured blue paper.  Then I chose two coordinating patterned papers to place on top.  I wanted them to be slightly smaller than the base so plenty of the pretty blue color showed.  I free hand cut the wavy bottom; it took a few tries to get it just how I wanted it.

I used a Happy Birthday word stamp and separate frame stamp (both from a birthday set from American Crafts) to stamp the sentiment.  I stamped both in red ink on blue & white grid paper from Scenic Route.  I rounded the corners, and then placed the grid paper on a piece of red paper, also with rounded corners.

The final step was to cut out a flower using my Cricut.  This flower is from the Accent Essentials cartridge; it is 1.75".  I cut it out of the same blue paper as the base of the card and then I sewed a small red button on using red embroidery floss.  The red button is from Fancy Pants.

Check back tomorrow for another card idea!

No comments: