Sunday, October 9, 2011

working weekend

I've been spending the weekend working on a blog re-design just for you!  Actually for me too, because I'm kind of tired of the look of my blog!

I'm taking an online class from Elise Blaha, who is a gifted crafter and blogger.  I'm excited to be "working" with her and so far I have been very impressed with the class content, her teaching method (which includes text, photos, videos and handouts) and her quick response to questions.

The class involves some coding.  Ugh.  I've had very limited exposure to coding and report writing and they are certainly not "my thing".  I'm making progress though, and I've found that when I get stuck it helps to take a break and come back to it fresh.

This class has also pushed me to use my Photoshop software which I still find incredibly confusing.  I'm making progress there too; I have successfully edited photos and made several different blog banners all using the software this weekend.  YAY me!

I have another week of classes ahead of me and then I hope to have the new blog ready for you!  Watch for an announcement here!

No comments: