Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just one month until Valentine's Day . . .

Here are a few more photos of the Valentine mini album listed in my shop yesterday.  By the way, this album doesn't have to be a tradional Valentine's gift for your spouse.  To show it's versatility, I used it to document photos of my daughter and me through the years.  It would also work well for a wedding album!

Here are two pages from the album.  On the left is patterned paper with a cream colored background and red writing, all about love.  You could leave it plain or add photos or text.  On the right is a pocket page, hand sewn by me!  You have no idea how impressive that is!  This would work well to hold extra photos, love notes, journaling or the little card you will get with your flowers on Valentine's Day.  You know you'll get flowers, right??

This page features one of my favorite pictures of my daughter when she was little and learning to do "soooo big"!  For some reason she thought she had to clasp her hands and then try to fit her head through her arms.  Soooo cute!  This page comes pre-made, so the different types of patterned paper and the word stips are part of the original paper.  I added two embellishments from the kit:  an altered chipboard heart with an attached brad and some words from a vintage piece of sheet music with a red heart attached.  So easy!  I also used a rub-on that I had on hand (not part of the kit).  This is one of my favorite pages in the album.  It helps to have an adorable subject!

If you are thinking about getting one of these albums you might want to do so before it's featured on Ali Edward's blog this weekend.  Or, you may want to enter the giveaway and wait to buy it if you don't win.  There's a limited supply though, so don't wait too long!

No comments: