Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grandma's Brag Book


One of my most treasured items is this "brag book" that belonged to my Grandmother; we called her Nana.  I am so happy to have this little gem, even though it's in rough shape.  My parent's gave this little photo album to Nana when my older brother and I were young so that she could carry it with her and show pictures of her grandchildren to her friends.  I keep this little book on top of a bookcase in my living room and look at it often.


As you can see, the book is really falling apart, but I love it anyway!  I love the inside front and back covers, which feature a beautiful blue patterned paper.  I also love the title page - so cute!


This photo shows that the book belongs to Nana and that it came from Jeff & Nancy, my brother and me.  We also have a younger brother but he wasn't born yet when "we" gave this book to Nana.  The first picture in the book is Jeff & me; I'm guessing it was his birthday.  This picture was taken at our dining room table - love the tablecloth!


This is another favorite photo from the book; this was taken on my grandparent's 25th wedding anniversary.  Don't they look great?  I miss them so much!

My Nana was very crafty; we spent many hours at her kitchen table doing decopage!!  She also did lots of sewing and other crafts, and if she were here today I'm sure we would spend lots of time talking about crafts and maybe she could teach me a thing or two about sewing.

Do you have some special momentos from family members?  If so, make sure you take time to look at them and enjoy them.  It's no surprise that one of my favorite treasures is a photo album!  I hope that someday the albums I have made are treasured as much as I treasure this little gem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O;K now you are making me cry.
:=((( Ella

Andrea Rooks said...

What a beautiful family treasure! It's truly inspiring... I just made a small scrapbook of photos, e-mails, notes, journal entries, etc. from the 10 years that Bret and I have been together. It's only a few weeks old and I've already caught myself flipping through it several times... Now I need to make one of the girls!

Thanks for sharing your treasure!