Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beauty Day

Today was one of those Saturdays that I had appointments, errands and shopping to do.  Ugh.  I don't enjoy appointments, errands or shopping and I sure don't like "wasting" a perfectly good craft day doing those things, but sometimes it just can't be put off any longer.

My first appointment was for a haircut and boy, did I need it.  I love my hairdresser, Christopher, but I usually wait way longer than I should to go see him.  This results in me doing some trimming here and there, which does not make him happy!  I have been known to call him and leave threatening voicemails like, "I need a haircut and you better get me in quick or I'll be forced to cut it myself" and then I actually do it.  Poor Christopher, he always ends up fixing my mess.

So today I had to be at his shop at 8:30 a.m. and let me tell you we argued about that!  However, he assured me that was my only option if I wanted to get in today and I DID, so off I went.  My hair is naturally curly and he loves "playing" with it and always makes it look so much better than I do.  Once a friend met me at Christopher's shop so we could go out to dinner after my appointment and when she saw how he styled it she said, "you should always wear it like that".  I told her that I would love to, but I can't make it do the things he can.  He explained to her that he is a "trained professional" . . . that's my Christopher.

Here's my hair after my appointment today:


I'm kinda shy.

Next I got a nail appoint - very important since I am a hand model and need to be ready at a moment's notice.  That was followed by a trip to Craft's Direct (my favorite stop of the day) and then some clothes shopping, because I feel the need to wear some fun, bright colors after a winter of wearing black and gray.

I didn't get back home until 4:30 p.m., so there went the whole dang day.  I am determined to get some crafting done, and I'll be back tomorrow with an exciting post about a fun package I received today.