Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Graduation Cards

I'm busy with orders for graduation cards; so far I have come up with three different designs.  Two are new this year, and the other is one that I designed last year and since it's a money holder is was pretty popular. 

The first card features a graduation cap - it's a sticker that I mounted on a grey card stock circle and then on a black card stock scalloped circle.  I love the blue graduation paper!


The second card I'm especially proud of because I drew the cap and tassel and cut them out freehand.  And I'm not good at that at all!  I love the simplicity of this card - notice the message begins on the front of the card and continues on the inside.  I ran this note book paper through my printer and I would have loved it if all of the printing was right on the line, but that wasn't working for me at all!  The font I used is Ali Edwards everyday writing - I downloaded it from the Creating Keepsakes website for free!


Next is the money holder card - the first photo shows the card together and the second shows the card with the inside pulled out - that's where they money goes.



I also made a card for a new baby boy - I don't often get orders for baby cards so I was excited to make this one.


I'll tell you a secret - I means for the stamped image to be centered on the white circle, but it didn't turn out quite right!  Rather than start over I simply punched a hole and added some ribbon - looks intentional, right?  Shhh, don't tell!

No comments: