Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer and Fall

I don't consider myself a gardener, yet I have a garden.  It's mostly perennials - those are the ones that come back every year, right?  I always get confused because the other kind of plant is called an annual and that could mean that they come back annually, but I guess that's not the case.  I told you I'm not a gardener, right??

Anyway, if you have a garden, whether you consider yourself a gardener or not, you might want to consider documenting  your garden from year to year so that you can keep track of what works well in a certain spot and what you never, ever want to plant again.  I've done this for a few years in a couple of different formats and for a visual person like me it really helps to have pictures to go by rather than just a list of plants.

The format I used most recently is a mini album that I have for sale in my Etsy shop.  The mini album is called - get this - The Garden.  Very creative.  You can see it here; and here's a picture of the cover:


It's an easy to use mini album kit that comes with everything you need to document your garden and because it's held together with binder rings it is flexible and allows you to add additional pictures, seed packets, etc.

Looking ahead to fall, I recently took this picture of a wood pile behind our house:


When I saw the photo I immediately thought that it would make a great cover for a fall mini album - kind of a sickness I guess.  Anyway, I'm running some ideas through my head and will continue to do so over the summer.  We'll see what I come up with.

In the meantime, I have some custom orders I need to work on and that will keep me busy for a while.  I'll share some photos as I get the projects done.

Man, it seems like Monday, doesn't it??

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Love your garden journal I too am not green fingered, but I do try. Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving such kind words x