Friday, July 23, 2010

The Visit

My daughter has been home now for 9 days - 9 days out of a 10 day visit.  She came home to visit family and friends, but the timing was based on the Baptism of my niece's baby boy because Emily (my daughter) is the baby's Godmother.  The Baptism was last weekend and I snapped a few photos at church.  Here's a picture of the Pastor, parents and Godparents; Emily is wearing the black and white dress holding the baby.


Emily isn't usually the first to volunteer to hold babies (that would be me!) but she did a great job.  I love his little arm holding on to her!

Today I spent the day with Emily while she did laundry and packed.  We even snuck in a walk, and a friend of hers came to visit; we had a nice day together!  Later in the afternoon Grandma (my mom) came to say goodbye to Emily since she's leaving tomorrow.    Here's a cute picture of Grandma and Emily:


And here's the sad truth; my daughter is heading back to Oregon.  The good news is that she will be starting her senior year of college, so this will be the last year that she is so far away!


It has been great having her home and it will be sad to see her leave.  I'm so proud of Emily for moving across the country to attend college and doing so well there, and I'm looking forward to having her move back to Minnesota once she graduates!

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

Wow, I don't want to think about how fast childhood goes by. I know that in a few blinks, I'll be sending my babies off to college... Your daughter is beautiful -- and I can tell you love her very much :)