Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Etsy shopping

I recently did some shopping on Etsy for an upcoming project, and the package arrived today.  I purchased a few things from Ruby Floy and she has some creative packaging, and also a creative business card.  Here's the package as it arrived (I covered my address):


She used two brown lunch bags as her packaging which I thought was really clever.  Here's the back:


There's a cute little message stamped on the back, along with her shop name and web address.  Inside I found these goodies:


For her business card she used a check blank which I thought was an interesting touch.  I ordered some used library cards and some vintage playing cards with birds on the front - that's a hint at a project I'm planning to do soon.  She also included a few old stamps and I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

Shopping on Etsy is fun because there are so many interesting, unique items to look at.  The best part about making a purchase is seeing how creative people can be with their packaging and also to see if you get any extra goodies.  Packages like this inspire me to be more creative when I ship off the items that I sell.

1 comment:

Andrea Rooks said...

How fun! Making and giving the extra goodies is one of my favorite parts of being an Etsy seller :)