Thursday, August 5, 2010

I'm a whiny walker

I headed out for my walk tonight excited because it's a beautiful night with cooler temps and less humidity than we've had lately, but my good mood was short lived.  Tonight, after several days of walking, my calves were killing me!  Over the sound of my ipod I could hear my legs screaming, "what the heck is going on here!"  I stopped to stretch a few times which didn't help one bit.

My legs loosened up after about 1-1/2 miles, but I have to admit that at the one mile mark if someone I knew had driven by I would have gladly accepted a ride home.  Face it, I would have accepted a ride from someone that looked vaguely familiar.  Luckily Christina Aguilara came on my ipod singing about being a fighter and I powered on and didn't have to risk my life riding home with a complete stranger.

I seriously considered cutting my walk short but I didn't - I finished all three miles and Bruce Springsteen brought me home with the 80's classic Born to Run, which clearly, I was not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow so proud that you waked through the pain. However was it in your calves or the front of your legs??