Sunday, October 24, 2010

Airport crafts!

What do you do when you have 6 hours to wait at an airport?  Crafts of course!

As I mentioned in my last post my mom and I missed our flight from Seattle to Minneapolis and we had to wait 24 hours for the next flight.  I should give a little shoutout to Sun Country Airlines, because they allowed us to take the next flight with no change fees and they also waived our bag fees, so that saved us $50.  The hotel we stayed at cost us $100, so our really silly mistake ended up costing us about $50.  And 24 hours.

My mom was hosting a group of ladies at her house at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, and since we wouldn't get home until 1 a.m. on Tuesday due to our really silly mistake she would barely have time to get her house ready, much less make any food.  Luckily we both have wonderful friends, and they stepped up and offered to make the food for her so that she would have one less thing to worry about.

Since we had 6 hours to wait at the airport after we checked out of our hotel we did some shopping and she found some little gifts for the two friends that were helping her out (both named Shari, although spelled two different ways!).  The gifts came in cute little bags, but she wanted a thank you tag for each one so we set out to find some items we could use to make tags.  Might as well craft, right?  We hoped to find luggage tags but ended up using the brown paper that our treats came in.  I used the receipt as the "string" to tie the tags to the bags and mom bought some crayons to use to decorate the tags.  It was fun, forced us to be creative and used up some of the time we were spending at the airport.  Here are the tags and my "work station":


We had a great trip before our really silly mistake and if you haven't been to Oregon I would highly recommend a trip.  It's such a beautiful state and the colors were almost at peak when we were there.

We went on a covered bridge driving tour in southern Oregon and although we were disappointed to find out that only one of the bridges was still being used we still enjoyed the beauty of each bridge.  Here's one of the bridges:



We also enjoyed our time walking around my daughter's college campus which is very beautiful.  Here's a picture of my daughter and I standing by a stream that runs throught the campus:



Then there's the Oregon coast, you know, the one that was so beautiful that we missed our flight?  Here's a photo of one of the many beautiful sights we saw:

I really haven't done any crafting since we got back because I have been exhausted!  I am working on a few things today so I'll have a few photos for you very soon.

2 comments:

Peggys said...

Great photos, can't wait to see more. Of course you crafted in the airport, I would have read a book. What fun memories!!

Pamela said...

Love the pics! And love reading your entries.