Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It was a crafty weekend.

I am really lucky.  I had the opportunity to spend last weekend with 6 other women doing crafts.  Not just a regular weekend either - a Thursday night to Sunday night weekend.  It was grand.

This is a bi-annual event - every April and November a group of us go to Northern Minnesota for a crafty weekend.  The number of attendees varies - we have jobs, kids, extended family.  There are sporting events, weddings, work, life -  that sometimes get in our way, but we all do our best to block off these two weekends so that we can spend them together.

This particular weekend was especially impressive because all seven of us were able to go!  That was a record number for us and we had to do a little revamping to all fit in the space but we did it and we had a great time.

Everyone else in the group scrapbooks while I work on other projects, which usually involves mini albums and/or cards, usually for my shop.  This past weekend I made birthday party invitations for a sweet little boy that is about to turn one.  I also made some cards and tags and then I put together three copies of The Office, a mini album for sale in my Etsy shop.  I've already given the invitations away but here are a few photos of projects I worked on.

Birthday cards

Birthday Tags

The Office

I finished a few other projects too, and still managed to spend time visiting with friends, eating wonderful food, and I even got a few hours of sleep!

I hope your weekend was productive, fun, relaxing and full of good things.

1 comment:

peggys said...

It is great to get out of town with the nicest people you know!!