Saturday, July 16, 2011

Handmade Card #3

Today I'll add some variety and show you a more generic card rather than another birthday card.


I started with a white card base and covered the front with some pretty red & white patterned paper.  Next I cut a smaller piece of white card stock, rounded the corners and placed it on top of the red & white paper.

Once again my Cricut played a big role in this card - the tree was cut using the Serenade cartridge.  I cut the tree out at 3.5" because I wanted it to fill up most of the card.  I adhered the card to the white cardstock using pop dots to give it some dimension.

This card could be used for many occasions - I stamped "with sincere sympathy" on the inside but it would also work well as a blank note card.

Card #3 was very simple because of my Cricut.  It was a big purchase at $200, but I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it in the 3 years I have owned it.  The cartridges are faily expensive ($40-$60) but sometimes you can find them on sale.  The Serenade cartridge that I used for this card was on sale for $9.99 and you will see more of the shapes from the cartridge in the days ahead.

More cards to come - stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In answer to your question..."need some cards?" YES I DO!! All three of these for starters :=)))
Soooooooo cute!!