Monday, March 21, 2011

this is war.

For those of you following along with my battle against a mouse, here's the latest installment.

Today I came home and saw this:

That's my daughter's car, which is parked in the garage while she is off at college.  When I first saw this I thought that a mouse (or entire Army of mice) had eaten her car seats and this was the stuffing coming out of the door.  There was no way I was going to look in the car . . . I just went in the house and started wondering where she could get another car since this one would certainly be wrecked.

Luckily for me my brother stopped over.  I pointed this out to him and he casually opened the car door.  I ran for the steps, sure that at least one mouse, if not 100, would come falling out.  Instead . . . nothing happened!  He showed me that the car seat was still intact and said it didn't smell like mouse in the car so he doesn't think there's one in there.  He said that what's on the garage floor and sticking out of the door is insallation, most likely from a house.  There's no insallation in the garage, so I don't know where it came from but I'm thrilled to learn that her car is ok.

I have moved the dog back outside to his kennel since it has warmed up, so I think I'll set a new trap and see what happens.

To be continued . . .

No comments: