Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Handmade Card #6 and #7

That's right, double card day today!  Put it this way, if I don't start showing you two cards a day this could go on and on!

Card #6 and #7 are very similar, so it seemed like a good idea to group them together.  That sentence isn't even true . . . I typed it before I decided which cards to talk about.  Let's start again.  Card #6 and #7 are both birthday cards.  Now that is a true sentence.

Card #6 features a cute little cupcake and the words "make a wish".  I started with a white card base and covered the front with some bright green paper.

Next I cut out two frames - one is 3.25" of tan card stock and the other is 3" of a brown, green and white patterned paper.  I layered the two and adhered them to the front of the card.

The cupcake comes from a birthday stamp set from American Crafts, and so does the sentiment and the little stars.  I stamped the cupcake on to the same tan card stock and then carefully cut around it and used pop dots to add it to the card.  I stamped the sentiment and stars on the tan card stock which I trimmed with the pinking blade on my paper cutter.  Adhere that to the front of the card and this card is done!

Card #7 is another window card, which I talked about when I showed you Card #2.  I used the same process here, so I won't repeat it.

I started with a white card base and added some green card stock to the front, then a piece of retro patterned paper.

I cut out a white frame using my Cricut (2.5") and stamped the sentiment using Leaf green pigment ink from American Crafts.  I also brushed the edges with the ink, then I used pop dots to adhere the frame to the inside of the card.

Whew!  Two more cards done and several more to go!

No comments: