Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week in the Life - Friday and Saturday

Hi!  Sorry for the extended absence.  I was on such a roll posting my WITL photos every day, but then things got crazy around here!  Over the course of a few days we had several relatives arrive from a variety of states!  My Aunt arrived from Texas, then a few days later my Aunt & two cousins arrived from Colorado and then just a few days later my step-sister and her husband arrived from Arizona.  Those arrivals were followed by days and days of family fun!

When it was all said and done I was tired!  Then came the realization that having dinner at my parent's house every day was o-v-e-r and suddenly I had to cook for myself.  And open the mail.  And mow the lawn.  And do some laundry.  In other words, get back into the swing of things and that took me about a week!

Now that things are back to normal around here I wanted to finish up the photo sharing portion of Week in the Life and then I need to move into the creating an album portion.  As a reminder, I started my Week in the Life documentation on a Sunday, and my last post was my Thursday photos, so here are Friday and Saturday.
Friday and the end of the work week is always a good thing. I snapped this photo as I drove home from work.  I loved the contrast of blue, green and white.  Such a pretty sky!

I was excited to find this package waiting for me!  It contained my Hambly overlays.  I'll use some of them in my WITL album and some for a future project.

It was a nice night so I decided to grill some pork chops for dinner.

While they were cooking I admired my flowers and my brand new purple mushroom!  A friend gave it to me and I just love it.

After dinner I washed a few dishes.  I have a dish washer, but sometimes you just need to wash a few things by hand.  Especially when you have super cute gloves like me!!

I spent much of Saturday mowing my lawn using this Toro lawn mower that I have had for about 18 years.  It takes me about 3 hours to mow the whole lawn, which means that I get lots of exercise.

Since it was a very hot day I took lots of breaks, sitting in the garage in front of a fan.  It felt great!  I was doing laundry and hanging it on the line and my laundry basket quickly became a foot stool.
While I was in the back yard I looked over at the corn field behind my house and noticed how tall the corn has grown.  Nothing says "Kodak moment" like a field of corn, right?

It was late afternoon by the time I had the whole lawn done and I caught the sun peeking through a tree.  Then it was off to the shower - did I mention it was really hot out??

So, that's the end of my WITL documentation.  I have my album, my page protectors, the Hambly overlays and a few other things all ready to go.  My photos should arrive in the next day or two and I'm excited to get to work on the album.

1 comment:

Shari J said...

It looks like you are living a pretty darn good life!