Saturday, September 10, 2011

nature inspired.

It's September in Minnesota and it's going to be 90 degrees today.  What the heck?  I'm not complaining though, because next week we will have highs in the 60's so I'm soaking up the last few days of warm weather.  On my schedule today . . . hanging laundry on the line and crafting.

I started my day with a walk, and found this on my journey:


Looks like fall to me!  Although there are a few trees that have turned colors it's not the norm and I think we have some time before the fall colors hit their peak.

Outside my kitchen window I have an ant superhighway!  It's the strangest thing!  I don't know why but I have had lots of ants in my yard this summer and they seem to be using this black edging as their path from one ant hill to the next.


You wouldn't believe how long it took me to get this many ants in one picture.  There are tons of ants going back and forth, but every time I raised my camera there wouldn't be any ants in my shot.  So it may not look like much but trust me, it really is a busy "road".

I haven't done much crafting this summer but I did make a bunch of tags (50) for an Etsy friend that was making gift bags for her class reunion this summer (what a great idea!).  She asked if I wanted to send her something to put in the gift bags as advertisement so I made these cute little tree tags with my Etsy shop name on the back.


I used some left over paper and ribbon so that's why they aren't all the exact same.  It was a fun, easy project that hopefully brings more visitors to my shop.

My goal today is to make as many cards as possible.  I have an outstanding IOU to my mom for a variety of cards and I also want to make some to sell at a fundraiser tomorrow.  I'm planning to use some of the card ideas I posted here earlier this summer and use up as much scrap patterned paper as possible because I just have too much!  And it's so cute!

Hope you are having a great day!

No comments: